Thursday, December 8, 2011

Learning

What a busy couple of weeks it has been for me! Trying to make friends with the "big" dogs (that would be my girlfriend Trekkie the St. Bernard, her best buddy Gimme who is a Great Dane, and the ruler of the house Fox who is also a Great Dane). I think I finally got Trekkie and Gimme to come around to the Alf-side, but only time will truly tell! Trekkie's tail is just oh-so-Yummy! I know she hates it when I pull on it, but I can't help myself! I think, if I truly want to have Trekkie's love, I had better learn not to pull on her tail...

Gimme, on the other hand, ignored me for days! I'd run up to her to try to make friends and she would leave the room! Can you imagine? How could she not love me? Well, today she pawed me and sniffed me and played with me a little! I'm much smaller than she is right now so I think she worries that she's going to break me. HAH! I'm Alf! I don't break that easily! I will learn how to play with Gimme and she will learn to play with me.

As for Fox, I don't think he will ever like me. Maybe I shouldn't have chewed on his toes the other day. He didn't seem to like that. I heard Mom call him her "7-year-old" so I suspect he doesn't have a lot of patience for us younger kids. He's actually alright if I leave him alone. It's when I follow him or walk under his legs, or chew his feet that he realizes I'm there and gets annoyed. When I'm not in his face he mostly leaves me alone. I guess I had better learn to leave him alone....

Aside from the big dogs, I've been trying to learn to be potty-trained. Boy, is that HARD! When I'm running around playing I don't realize I have to go.... until I squat and pee. And boy oh boy, is that starting to upset the new Mommy & Daddy! They could understand in the beginning. But I've been home 11 days now and I still pee all over the place. Although, if I may brag (and it's my blog so I will), I'm getting better. I don't pee all the time. And the new Mommy & Daddy are getting better at seeing when I'm about to go and getting me outside quick. Of course, they always tell me "Good Boy" and "Good Alf" when I go outside. I'll have to try harder to earn their praise!! I love their praise!

AND THEN!! There are the stairs. Laugh Laugh!! I learned how to go up those stairs so quick it made the new Mommy & Daddy's heads spin. Laugh Laugh! There are only 7 of them so quite frankly it was really easy. But don't tell them that. And they still need to carry me down the stairs. Something about making sure my elbows stay good. I don't get it. Maybe there's a story there somewhere.... But back to ME! And the stairs. Yup, everyone was up the stairs and they left ME down below. Can you imagine? So, I did what every warm-blooded puppy would do. I learned to get where they were. Pshaw. So, it's a couple of stairs. Now they can't hide from me! Laugh Laugh!

And we've been on walks around the block to tire me out - or so the Daddy says. I think what it really does is tire him out! And I've met new people from across the street; and kids too! It's been soooooo exciting. I explore everywhere every day. And then I fall asleep. And then I wake up and drink water. Then fall asleep. Then wake up, drink water, and pee. And explore or play. Then sleep. Oh my what a wonderful life so far!

It does keep me busy and tired though. So, until next time, sleep well my internet friends!

Alf

No comments:

Post a Comment