Monday, November 28, 2011

Hello World! I'm Alf the Saint Bernard!!

Hello Everyone! My name is Alf and I am a smooth Saint Bernard male. My birthday is September 26th so that makes me 9 weeks old today! Mom Kathryn tells me that my full registered name (pending AKC approval) is Whitewater's Ballroom Blitz Voyager. I have no idea how Alf came from that. Hmmmm, maybe I won't answer to Alf just for that reason. I'll have to think on that one....

I used to live in Indiana with my 3 brothers and 4 sisters. We were taken care of by real-Mom Windy and Grandma Rhonda. We grew up happy and playful! Then Saturday Grandma took me and my brother CJ to Auntie Wanda's house. Auntie Wanda said she liked CJ and so he stayed and I went back home. I am sure it was a hard choice for Auntie Wanda because I am so handsome!!

Then the next day I was on the road again! We traveled for hours and hours and over the big water to near St. Louis where my new family showed up. Boy was it fun waiting in the parking lot! Every one wanted to pet me. ME ME!! Then came this big black thing and out the of the back came my new St. Bernard friend Trekkie. That is what she said her name was. She was not sure about me though. I'll tell ya, pulling the fur on the back of her legs sure is fun. And they feed me these really tasty treats. I like these people. Good thing they are my new family!

After we said goodbye to Grandma Rhonda, my new family put me in their big black car and we drove towards my new home. And drove. And stopped and pottied. And drove and drove. And stopped and pottied. It was really boring and I made sure they knew I was bored! At least when I wasn't sleeping! The motion of the car kind of, ahem, put me to sleep like a baby.

After all the driving and stopping to potty, we finally made it to my new home. Inside were these two huge fawn Great Danes. I thought they would be really happy to see me so I ran over to them to say HI... but they both ran from me! I don't get it. How could they not love all this cuteness??!! So I chased the smaller of the two giants around and around but she kept avoiding me. How sad. Maybe as they get to know me they will love me more. In the meantime, I have my love Trekkie :-)

After I woke up this morning, I got to explore my house. I'm afraid I made quite a mess by peeing all over. I just can't help it! I'm only 9 weeks old for goodness sakes! It was really not too eventful of a day until my new Mom and Dad put me in their vehicle again (this time, a big white van) and we went to this place called Home Depot. We walked in the door and all kinds of people swarmed over to me. I was a star and I loved every minute of it! Until I got really tired. Thankfully, by that time, we were about done shopping anyway. Mom picked me up to say goodbye to the ladies at the checkout stands and we drove home. Boy, did I crash then! Busy busy day finally caught up with me! Wow.

Not that my day was over quite yet. Nope. Mom took me to a place where she said I was going to learn obedience (ha ha! That's funny!) and how to be a show dog. I'm also going to get to come here for daycare. Oh boy! That will be fun. I hope some of my new friends come to daycare too! Especially Derrik the Cocker Spaniel!! He was really cool (and smaller than me hee hee hee).

And now I'm really tired and I need my beauty sleep. Good night all my dear new friends! Tomorrow is another day. I hope it's a great day for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment