Thursday, December 29, 2011

Maggie and Suzi

What a great week! Not only were there lots of people to see ME but I also got to meet Maggie and Suzi. Suzi is white with soft brown eyes and a hairdo that looks like it's styled. I don't mean to brag, but Suzi and I spent a lot of time together! I had days and days to turn on the charm. And, if I do say so myself, it worked. But let me introduce Suzi more. She came with Daddy's parents when they came to stay for a couple of days. Hmmmm, if Daddy's parents are Suzi's Mommy and Daddy... then does that make Daddy and Suzi brother and sister?? Laugh Laugh! I think it does! That is funny that Daddy is related to Suzi! Laugh Laugh!

Anyway, I spent DAYS trying to charm Suzi into loving me. I pawed her, and barked at her, and jumped on her. Isn't that what you do when you are in love? She did not paw me back, but she did several times growl and give me love bites. I am quite sure that Suzi loves me in return! If she didn't love me, then why did she respond to me? She could have just hidden somewhere or jumped on the couch out of my reach. But she didn't. I was sure that Suzi was going to be the new love of my life.

But then Maggie walked in the door. Maggie is a black & white Shi Tzu with soft brown eyes and a styled hairdo. And I know Maggie's hairdo was styled because she just looked like it should be. She was fine and soft.... and I walked over to her and turned on the same charm that worked for Suzi. Maggie, however, was not as smitten as Suzi. She immediately jumped on the couch away from me. Hard to believe, isn't it? I can't believe anyone (human or 4-legged) could not be charmed by my good looks and playful nature! I barked at her to let her know that I loved her! But she ignored me. OH my heart! It's broken! What do I do? And at the end of the night, she walked out with her people without even a good-bye.

Good thing Suzi stuck around with her people for another couple of days! It allowed me to practice to be my charming self. Laugh Laugh! But unfortunately, even Suzi and her people had to leave. It was a sad day, but Suzi and I said good-bye.

I'm not sure when I will see Suzi or Maggie again but they will be in my heart forever.

In the meantime, I guess I will just continue to charm Trekkie and Gimme! Gimme now loves me back and we play and play and play! I think my ardent love for Trekkie was just a fling. Now that I am older and wiser I see that she is more of a mother-figure to me, than a true love. Not that I don't love her. Just maybe not in the way I thought originally. Gimme, on the other hand... HUBBA HUBBA! She is totally charmed by me (and who wouldn't be?). I can tell when she plays with me. She rolls me over all the time so she can see my supremely handsome belly.

And that, my internet friends, is pretty much how I've spent my last week. Playing, playing, playing! Laugh Laugh! Oh, it was ever so much fun! And a lot of people at the house on the 24th. More playing! And petting! And loving! And I'm sure they were all here to see ME! Laugh Laugh! Mommy even made a great big dinner for everyone! It was fabulous (and I should know because I had some the next day).

Happy New Year my internet friends! May 2012 be as much fun as 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment