Saturday, December 17, 2011

Gates Are For Knocking Over

Mommy and Daddy are so funny! They lock me in the kitchen thinking that I'll stay there. Laugh Laugh! Don't they know? Gates are for knocking over, not for keeping handsome Alf's away! It is SO much fun to knock down the gates and then just walk right over them! Laugh Laugh! Noise? What noise? There is a noise associated with that? Not that I've noticed!! Now, my big siblings seem kind of annoyed by the gates being knocked over. But not me! No way! I'm a big, obnoxious puppy with personality plus. No little gate is going to stop me! Sometimes, they put that gate up nice and tight. Well, guess I'd better learn how to climb over it, hadn't I??

It sure has been a fun week! We went to that Home Depot place again. And once again yours truly was the star! Daddy walked me around the place while Mommy went to do her own shopping. When we joined back up, I was sooo tired from having people pet me! And so many people wanted to take my picture. Because I really am the STAR you know! There sure are a lot of silly people in this world, though, aren't there? The man last time who told Mommy all about his 200+ Saint Bernard that he rescued but he couldn't control. So he went to some other lady who was disappointed he didn't have "papers" but said she would breed him anyway. WHAT??!! Stars like me should always be well-bred from a respectable breeder! Just because we are big does not mean we are quality! Wow.  Then this last time, Mommy got cornered by a lady who told her about her dog who was also big and then was bred. I am beginning to think Mommy attracts all the whackos! Laugh Laugh!! And who is this Beethoven character anyway....??

We also went to Mommy's favorite training center. Last week people stopped in just to say "HI" to me! That was so fun! But I wanted to say "HI" to all the friendly dogs there! Ruby was cool. Fred and Big both just ran from me. And Puck was fun and played too! Then, after training was over I got to play with some puppies there. Derrick the Cocker Spaniel, of course, and he brought his sister this time too. They were so much fun to play with! Then there were the Doberman siblings. They were kind of bullies. We ran around and around but when I got tired, they started pulling me around by my ears!! Mommy laughed at that :-(  Mean Mommy!  This week, we didn't have as much time to play. But I still chased Fred and Big around. And Akasha too! Akasha and Gimme are good friends. And then there was Ru and Cherokee and Arkeo too! Lost of new friends for me! Angus the Pug was too tired from training to say much....

The only negative of this week was the word "NO". I am starting to hear that a lot. No No! Bad Dog! No No Alf! No No! Don't potty there! No No! Not the gate <snicker>! So tiring. I think I will have to start tuning it out. Who cares about NO? I am all about the yes :-)  Yes, here's some more food. Yes, you can have a treat. Yes, you are a handsome puppy. Ahhhhh, that's more like it!

I am now sleeping mostly through the night. Mommy and Daddy cooled down my room a little bit and made my crate a little bit bigger. That helped. So now I sleep almost a full 8 hours. At least I'm not up one or two times during the night! I guess it's not really my room alone though. I share it with the Danes Gimme and Fox. I hope they are not too cold now that their space heater is off. I just couldn't handle it being on! I'm little, but I've got tons of fur already! Plus, seeing as I am the STAR, I am super spoiled! I guess it helps that the weather has been warm lately too...

See, I told you it's been a super week! So much to see and learn and do and explore and taste! And I understand next week will be even busier with house guests. YEAH! More people to spoil ME, the STAR! Laugh Laugh! I can't wait to see what the next week brings!

Nighty Nite Internet Friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment