Thursday, April 18, 2013

WEEK 2 (and 3)

Week 1 is over! Week 2 is over! Laugh Laugh! Week 3 is beginning!

Week 1 was full of doing nothing. I wore a fentanyl patch for several days after the surgery. That really slowed me down. I slept and slept and slept. I did miss my girls (Trekkie, Val, and Gimme-Mom). It's very boring not being able to play with them.

The first night, Mom and Dad tried to keep me downstairs. HA! Like they thought that would really work. It didn't, of course! I whined and cried and Dad came down and helped me up the stairs (I'm not supposed to be doing stairs at all... Shhhhhhhhh... Don't tell Dr. Brod!). In the morning, Dad helped me back down the stairs. And now, it's a pattern. Dad helps me up the stairs at night and down in the morning Laugh Laugh!! I knew I'd win that fight. It just went way easier than expected!

On the Tuesday following the surgery, we went back. Of course we did, I had to make an appearance for all my adoring fans. And I made a new one! We went to see the Physical Therapist for my exercises for the next 4 weeks and of course she became an instant fan. This handsome body will win ANY one over ... Laugh Laugh!! I started on 2 5-minute walks per day plus some leg exercises and massages. Then we add 5 more minutes per walk each week until I'm up to about 30-minutes per walk. I can also (probably) rebegin my hydrotherapy at about week 6! I LOVE my hydrotherapy!! We'll see what Dr. Brod says when he rexrays in a couple of weeks. But I still can't play with my girls <sad>.

So for this week (Week 3), I'm still stuck in this dang pen during the day. Unable to do anything but take 2 10-minute walks per day. And eat, I guess. Although I get less than I used to! I've lost 5 pounds and Dr. Brod was HAPPY about it! HAPPY I say! It's just not right.

The good news is, the hair is starting to grow back on my leg already and the staples in the knee came out. I'm feeling good and walking a little better. 4 weeks isn't so awful long, is it?

In other news - Mom and Gimme-Mom and Val have been to some shows recently. They've been doing pretty well, although how they could without ME(!) I don't know. But Mom says Val went Best in Sweepstakes one day and Gimme went Best of Breed that same day. My buddy Stig (Val's brother) finished his Championship on that same day too!! A busy show month I guess!!

And that's it for now, internet friends. I hope you all have a pen of your home to keep you safe and warm.

Alf

No comments:

Post a Comment