Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Week 1

So, yeah. I've been absent from the blog scene for a while. I mean, a looooooonnnnggg while!!

While I've been away, Gimme-Mom came into season again and that blew my little brain cells away. She was pretty fun and interesting before she came into season.... but once she came in for sure, I was so distracted no one could get my attention.

And then Mom and Dad decided that I needed surgery. For what seems like a billion years I've had some knee problems related to a torn cruciate ligament. Well, Mom and Dad decided that I'd better have that fixed. So, yesterday they dropped me off with the wonderful people at Deer Creek Animal Hospital <virtual wave to Dr. Brod!>. I don't really remember much of the day, but when I woke up my leg was bandaged and MY HAIR WAS GONE!! OK, maybe not all of my hair, but the hair on my leg is GONE!! To a fashion savvy guy like me, that's bad news!! How long? How long until the hair grows back??!! <SIGH>



So, it took eternity for Mom to come and get me. She tells me it was only overnight, but when 3 hours is forever to someone, overnight is an eternity! But I was so happy to see Mom when she came to get me! I slobbered all over her dress! Whoooopppsssssss Laugh Laugh!! She said that Dr. Brod laughed over the length of my tongue. She said he had never seen one so long and it stretched all across the operating table! I don't believe her! I know I have a long tongue (it gets in the way when I eat), but it's not that long! But then they got serious and talked about my knee. There is a lot of cartilage loss in my knee. There may be a chance that I will never be normal. But of course, that's expected. I'm far above normal! Laugh Laugh!! Mom, Dad, and Dr. Brod tell me it will be 6-8 weeks for a full recovery. And Dr. Brod wants me to drop some weight. Drop some weight?? I'm not even close to being as heavy as my brothers. Losing some weight will be interesting. But I suppose it makes sense. The lighter I am, the better my joints will be. And we all want me to get better and back to perfect, right? Of course we do! Laugh Laugh!!

So, I named this blog "Week 1" because I'll blog weekly about my recovery. Next week will be Week 2, and then Week 3 (and so on...). I'm hoping to be able to give you the essence of what I'll be going through. This week, it's all rest and relaxation ... in a very small area. No playing with Gimme-Mom, Trekkie, or Val. No walkies with Gramps. Just boring time in my X-Pen <sigh>.

In the meantime, I now have a plate and pins in my leg. And NO HAIR. It might take me a while to get over this....

Party On Peeps!

Alf



No comments:

Post a Comment