Friday, February 3, 2012

My Name is Alf

I love Mommy & Daddy, but I really just need to say this. My name is Alf. My name is not FrankenAlf (because I had a sore on my muzzle). My name is not AlfenSprout (I'm not even sure how that one happened)! And my name surely is not Alfie (YUCK)! I may be able to tolerate Alfred... at least that one is close. But overall, I just prefer Alf.

I don't understand the humans idea of a joke I guess. Gimme is "Monster" or "Gimme-Girl" or "Gimme-Do" or "Gimme-Dane". Fox is "Dude", or "Mr. Fox", or "Handsome". Trekkie has to tolerate "Trekster", and (ick) "Peanut". And she also has been labeled "Dirty Girl". She only gets one name even close to her real name!

Really, I mean just really. We have names. Fox, Gimme, Trekkie, and Alf. Can't you humans just use those? Do you think the others are funny? Or cute? Do you wonder why we don't respond when you call us? We don't know what to respond to! What is the fascination with changing the names? I have overheard Fox being called Foxie (NOT by Mommy or Daddy thankfully). Foxie? Wow, yeah. THAT sounds masculine doesn't it? Poor Dude... I mean poor Fox! Dang. Now they've got me doing it!

Well, I hope all you internet friends have someone to call you names! Somehow, the humans think that is part of showing love!

Alf out

No comments:

Post a Comment