Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Gramps

So, we've had some extra humans in the house lately. Dad's Mom and Dad (Gramps and Grams) have been living with us. It's been kind of fun, actually. Grams is kind of boring and doesn't do much (although she does give us table scraps!! YUMMMM!!! Laugh Laugh!!)!

Gramps, on the other hand, is pretty awesome. He's still very active and loves all of us pooches. Of course, he loves Trekkie best (who wouldn't??) but he's always willing to spend time with the rest of us.

Gramps drives a GMC Envoy. Wanna know how I know that? Because Gramps took me to the vet today! I've been doing an experimental treatment for my elbow hygromas - those are those big fluid filled icky things on my elbows. A local vet is trying cold laser therapy for them instead of the usual bandages and/or draining and/or surgery. I have to go to the vet twice a week for at least 3 weeks (maybe more). Because Gramps is bored, he volunteered to take me to the vet for these appointments. It was SO awesome! Of course, Gramps had a bit of a problem getting all of my 148 pounds into the Envoy... but he managed it!!

I love Mom's Dodge Magnum... it's really comfy. But Gramps' Envoy is so windowy. I was able to watch all the world go by. I sniffed all around the inside of the Envoy too! They brought Charlie their bird with them when they moved here to Colorado and it smelled so different! Fascinating... Laugh Laugh!!

At the vet's office, Gramps got me all checked in and then he took me back to the exam room. It is so funny when they do the cold laser therapy!! Laugh Laugh! Because it is a laser, they have to put goggles on everyone in the room. And that includes me!! Being the calm handsome stud that I am, I don't fight the goggles at all. Dad went with us to the first appointment and he told me afterwards that I looked like an alien (with buggy eyes). They kind of remind me of old-time aviation goggles which is why I don't fight them. They make me look even more manly than I already am!

Once we get home, I sack out for the rest of the day. It's exhausting being me!



Hoping everyone has a Merry Christmas with a warm place to sleep and humans to give presents to!

Alf

No comments:

Post a Comment