Thursday, April 19, 2012

I'M BORED!!

First off, let me say a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to Gimme Ma'am! Mommy & Daddy took her to the vet where they did an ultrasound on her and found babies! Gimme Ma'am will become Gimme Mom sometime around May 14 or 15. Mommy & Daddy are pretty excited about this news although so far I don't think Gimme Ma'am really is. She is on restricted exercise (Hey! Just like me!) and I don't think she's enjoying that so much. Her exercise wouldn't be restricted at all if she didn't like to throw herself down on the ground and let the rest of us pounce all over her! I guess that could be bad for the babies....

In the mean time, I'm BORED!! Bored, bored, boooorrrrrreeedddd <SIGH>. Mommy and Daddy won't let me do hardly anything! No running in the yard, no going to training (and who thought I would ever miss training?? Laugh Laugh!!), no trips to Bass Pro Shops or PetsMart... BORING!!
BORED!

 So I've been secretly getting back at Mommy and Daddy for this. Well, maybe not so secretly. I think they have figured me out.

First, I wake them up every morning between 6:00am & 6:30am by jumping onto the bed. I can't actually get all the way on the bed so I just throw my front legs up and insist that they get out of bed and help me onto it. They are very well trained so of course they do! I then pant and be restless to be sure that they don't actually get any more sleep. I know Mommy thinks I'm hot but I'm fooling her. I just want attention and to be unbored! Laugh Laugh!! Plus, it freaks out The Parents because their old boy Doozer (UKC BIS Veteran-AKC/UKC/IABCA CH Sleephollows Doozer v Voyager RN CGC and a Top 20 dog in 2008) used to do that after he got the bone cancer. I know it's cruel but I'm BORED!!

What else? Hmmmmm, on the rare occasions they let me outside in the front yard with them, I follow every stranger who walks by making Mommy and Daddy have to chase me Laugh Laugh! I know I shouldn't because of my leg but it's so funny watching The Parents run after me!! And sometimes the strangers stop and say HI to me - which is my second goal anyway. Yipppeeeeee!!

Yep, it's a hard life being bored. Because you know, when puppies are bored they get destructive. And that's the third thing I've been doing! Paper, paper products, that kind of thing. So far, no electronics but we'll see. I quite enjoy chewing on the wood chair leg that Mommy sits in while she feeds Trekkie. It is starting to look like a beaver is trying to cut it down to make a dam! Laugh Laugh!!



Paper towels, paper napkins, paper tissues... Mmmmmmm all are SO SO yummy!! I don't know why The Parents haven't gotten pictures of that yet but they haven't. I'm sure I will give them plenty of opportunity to do so! Because I'm B.O.R.E.D.!!

Today, Daddy was working on the basement remodel and left some KERDI Waterproofing Band (used to seal the seams & waterproof showers and bathrooms) lying around. OK. He left a whole bunch of it around. He turned to look for it but it was gone. Of course it was... I had taken it and spread it all across the kitchen floor!! Yay Me! Good thing Daddy thought it was funny too! This is Mr. Fox Sir from years ago when he was young. He tore a toy apart and spread it all across a room. So this kind of gives you an idea of what that looks like...



And Mommy and Daddy know I could be so much worse so they don't really get too mad at me. Like I said, so far I've not chewed up any electronics or really any shoes (except my one designated shoe... but that might be because shoes are always in the closet out of my way!). Gimme Ma'am is a "sucker" and you should see what the comforter looks like! I don't do that. I tried rocks but that was short-lived. Hurt my teeth too much... I love plastic bottles but I wait until they are empty and one of The Parents gives it to me.



I could quite probably go on and on (since I'm bOrEd) but I wouldn't want you to be bored as well. So I'll quit for the evening. Hoping every one of you out there has a way to stay busy and not be bored!!

PS - No, Trekkie never tore anything apart! She is just not that kind of a girl!!

Alf

No comments:

Post a Comment